HGM Associates Inc. has an immediate opportunity for a Roadway Design Engineer to join our rapidly growing Transportation Practice in our Omaha, Nebraska office. Our ideal candidate is someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who can work both independently and in a team environment.
- Develop Roadway Design plans and contract documents.
- Provide on-site inspection services for transportation improvement projects.
- Perform Roadway Design tasks including:
- Culvert and storm sewer designs
- Horizontal and vertical alignments
- Typical section development
- Geometrics and grades
- Development of roadway cross sections and/or corridor model
- Ensure completeness of the design-related forms and reports.
- Develop and review cost estimates and calculation of construction quantities.
- Oversee layout and/or review plans.
- Demonstrate advanced use of CADD and assure compliance with project CADD standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Transportation Engineering
- Professional Engineer registration (NE or IA preferred) or Engineer in Training (EIT)
- 4+ years working in the engineering industry on City, County, or Department of Transportation projects preferred
- Strong written communication and documentation skills
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- MicroStation and OpenRoads experience preferred
- Local candidates preferred
- Zero premium option for health insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Signing bonus
- 401(k) plan
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities/assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Salary: $80,000 – $120,000 per year with a generous bonus program
- Monday to Friday
- Optional flex time
- Optional 4-day work weeks
- Hybrid opportunities after onboarding
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Transportation Engineering
Experience: 4+ years working in the engineering industry on City, County, or Department of Transportation projects preferred
License/Certification: Professional Engineer (NE or IA preferred) or Engineering in Training (EIT)
Work Location: Omaha, NE
HGM Associates Inc. is a full-service engineering and architectural consulting firm driven to provide innovative solutions for our clients. As a smaller firm, we value your family’s needs and have operated with that in mind for over 60 years. Within our two offices (Omaha, NE, and Council Bluffs, IA), HGM offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, optional 4-day work weeks, hybrid opportunities, zero premium option for health and life insurance, disability insurance, an employer contributed 401k, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and a generous bonus program.
Why HGM? Obviously, there are a lot of engineering and architecture firms in our local area. So why choose us? As a small business, we understand that one of the most valuable ways we impact our employees is through the professional development opportunities we offer. Our collaborative team structure allows you to learn firsthand from the experience of senior leadership and the fresh perspective of your newest coworkers. With a lot less red tape, our management makes decisions with the team in mind and not always the bottom line. If you’re looking for a company where your contributions will get noticed sooner rather than later, HGM is the place where you can showcase your abilities directly to leadership. Recognition for a job well done is commonplace, not rare. Our culture fosters camaraderie as it advances our company’s mission and vision. Every one of us knows we are an integral part of HGM’s overall success. We honor each individual’s unique work/life balance preferences by encouraging alternative work arrangements such as flexible hours, hybrid, and remote schedules. HGM is a company that allows a more personal work environment, more flexibility, and a real opportunity to make a real difference.
HGM is an EEO employer and encourages qualified female and minority candidates to apply.