HGM Associates Inc. has an immediate opening for a Project Architect that is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of projects from beginning to end. This position requires managing team members, coordinating all construction documents including drawings and specifications, working directly with clients and contractors, developing project schedules and budgets, and performing Construction Administration duties during the construction of projects.
As a senior team member who works in conjunction with the Project Manager, their responsibilities will include:
- Assist in leading team members and coordinate the work of the team through multiple phases of a project.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets, and estimates.
- Participating in meetings with clients and incorporating their needs throughout multiple phases of a project.
- Working with clients to define project requirements and developing design criteria.
- Working with multi-disciplines and coordinating all drawings/specifications.
- Provide quality assurance and technical reviews throughout multiple phases of projects.
- Collaborating with and managing project team members producing construction documents.
- Developing construction documents and providing technical details, red-line corrections, and direction for architectural techs who may be working on them.
- Review drawings for code compliance.
- Meet with various governing agencies to review code compliance on projects.
- Coordinate full sets of contract documents including drawings and writing architectural specifications for bidding.
- Attend and conduct construction meetings with clients and contractors.
- Provide Construction Administration services such as review submittals/shop drawings, review change order requests, and answer contractor questions.
- Bachelor of Architecture degree
- Registered Architect (preferred, but not required)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Project Architect or Project Manager
- Strong technical project detailing and documentation skills
- Experience in working directly with clients
- Experience in preparation of architectural contract documents and specifications
- Experience in establishing and managing project fees, budgets, and schedules.
- Proficiency in IBC, NFPA, and ADA code requirements
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to multitask by working on several projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Sketchup, and Revit”
HGM Associates Inc. is a consulting firm driven to provide innovative solutions to our clients. As a smaller firm, we value your family needs and have operated with that in mind for over 60 years. Within our two offices (Omaha, NE and Council Bluffs, IA), HGM offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, health and life insurance, disability insurance, an employer contributed 401k, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.
HGM is an EEO employer and encourages qualified female and minority candidates to apply.