HGM Associates Inc. has an immediate long-term opportunity for a Project Architect that is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of projects from beginning to end. This position requires managing team members, coordinating all construction documents including drawings and specifications, working directly with clients and contractors, developing project schedules and budgets, and performing Construction Administration duties during the construction of projects. The Project Architect is a senior team member who works in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Assist in leading team members and coordinate the work of the team through multiple phases of a project.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets, and estimates.
- Participate in meetings with Clients and incorporate their needs throughout multiple phases of a project.
- Work with Clients to define project requirements and develop design criteria.
- Work with multiple disciplines and coordinate all drawings/specifications.
- Provide quality assurance and technical reviews throughout multiple phases of projects.
- Collaborate with and manage project team members producing construction documents.
- Develop construction documents and provide technical details, red-line corrections, and direction for architectural techs who may be working on them.
- Review drawings for code compliance.
- Meet with various governing agencies to review code compliance on projects.
- Coordinate full sets of contract documents including drawings and writing architectural specifications for bidding.
- Attend and conduct construction meetings with Clients and contractors.
- Provide Construction Administration services such as reviewing submittals/shop drawings, reviewing change order requests, and answering contractor questions.
- Bachelor of Architecture degree
- Registered Architect (preferred, but not required)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Project Architect or Project Manager
- Strong technical project detailing and documentation skills
- Experience in working directly with Clients
- Experience in the preparation of architectural contract documents and specifications
- Experience in establishing and managing project fees, budgets, and schedules
- Proficiency in IBC, NFPA, and ADA code requirements
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to multitask by working on several projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Sketchup, and Revit
- Zero premium option for health insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Signing bonus
- 401(k) plan
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities/assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Salary: $63,964 – $100,104 per year with a generous bonus program
- Monday to Friday
- Optional flex time
- Optional 4-day work weeks
- Hybrid opportunities after onboarding
Education: Bachelor of Architecture degree
Experience: 5 years of experience working as a Project Architect or Project Manager
License/Certification: Registered Architect (preferred, but not required)
Work Location: Council Bluffs, IA
HGM Associates Inc. is a full-service engineering and architectural consulting firm driven to provide innovative solutions for our clients. As a smaller firm, we value your family’s needs and have operated with that in mind for over 60 years. Within our two offices (Omaha, NE, and Council Bluffs, IA), HGM offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, optional 4-day work weeks, hybrid opportunities, zero premium option for health and life insurance, disability insurance, an employer contributed 401k, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and a generous bonus program.
Why HGM? Obviously, there are a lot of engineering and architecture firms in our local area. So why choose us? As a small business, we understand that one of the most valuable ways we impact our employees is through the professional development opportunities we offer. Our collaborative team structure allows you to learn firsthand from the experience of senior leadership and the fresh perspective of your newest coworkers. With a lot less red tape, our management makes decisions with the team in mind and not always the bottom line. If you’re looking for a company where your contributions will get noticed sooner rather than later, HGM is the place where you can showcase your abilities directly to leadership. Recognition for a job well done is commonplace, not rare. Our culture fosters camaraderie as it advances our company’s mission and vision. Every one of us knows we are an integral part of HGM’s overall success. We honor each individual’s unique work/life balance preferences by encouraging alternative work arrangements such as flexible hours, hybrid, and remote schedules. HGM is a company that allows a more personal work environment, more flexibility, and a real opportunity to make a real difference.
HGM is an EEO employer and encourages qualified female and minority candidates to apply.