HGM Associates Inc. has an immediate opportunity for a Land Surveyor Crew Chief to join our team in the Council Bluffs, IA office. Our ideal candidate is someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who can work both independently and in a team environment.
- Perform tasks as directed by the Survey Team Manager.
- Perform fieldwork related to construction staking, boundary surveying, and topographic surveys.
- Set up and operate survey equipment (GPS and Robotic Total Station).
- Download, edit, and email survey data.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Technical school or Associate degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Surveying, or related field preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years of land surveying experience
- Able to work overtime when required due to the project schedule
- Able to occasionally travel out of town and stay overnight
- Willingness to work outside in varying weather conditions
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Strong math and computer skills (excel and Civil 3D) preferred
- Zero premium option for health insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Signing bonus
- 401(k) plan
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities/assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Salary: $55,000 – $70,000 per year with a generous bonus program
- Monday to Friday
- 10-hour shift
- Weekend availability
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of land surveying experience
License/Certification: Valid driver’s license
Work Location: Council Bluffs, IA
HGM Associates Inc. is a full-service engineering and architectural consulting firm driven to provide innovative solutions for our clients. As a smaller firm, we value your family’s needs and have operated with that in mind for over 60 years. Within our two offices (Omaha, NE, and Council Bluffs, IA), HGM offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, optional 4-day work weeks, hybrid opportunities, zero premium option for health and life insurance, disability insurance, an employer contributed 401k, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and a generous bonus program.
Why HGM? Obviously, there are a lot of engineering and architecture firms in our local area. So why choose us? As a small business, we understand that one of the most valuable ways we impact our employees is through the professional development opportunities we offer. Our collaborative team structure allows you to learn firsthand from the experience of senior leadership and the fresh perspective of your newest coworkers. With a lot less red tape, our management makes decisions with the team in mind and not always the bottom line. If you’re looking for a company where your contributions will get noticed sooner rather than later, HGM is the place where you can showcase your abilities directly to leadership. Recognition for a job well done is commonplace, not rare. Our culture fosters camaraderie as it advances our company’s mission and vision. Every one of us knows we are an integral part of HGM’s overall success. We honor each individual’s unique work/life balance preferences by encouraging alternative work arrangements such as flexible hours, hybrid, and remote schedules. HGM is a company that allows a more personal work environment, more flexibility, and a real opportunity to make a real difference.
HGM is an EEO employer and encourages qualified female and minority candidates to apply.