HGM Associates Inc. is seeking a Civil Construction Inspector/Observer to join our rapidly growing Transportation Practice in our Omaha, Nebraska office. Our ideal candidate will be someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who can work both independently and in a team environment.
The primary duties of this position include providing construction inspection services for major Transportation and Civil projects. Familiarity with broad spectrum of construction materials methods and processes. Receives supervision and support from more senior field representatives and the primary Construction Manager. Types of inspection will include concrete roadway, bridge, general civil, traffic controls and utility/underground.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent experience. Tech school or college degree beneficial.
- 1+ years of experience inspecting civil engineering projects including concrete, asphalt, bridge, storm, and sanitary sewer; experience on Federal aid projects a plus
- Ability to read construction drawings and specifications and a proven job history of determining conformance of constructed work with contract requirements is desired.
- Strong written communication/documentation skills.
- Nebraska DOT Technician Certifications in asphalt inspection, concrete inspection, earthwork, and Site Manager preferred, but not required
- ACI Field Concrete certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Technical school or Associate degree
- Relevant Industry Certifications
- Ability to interpret construction schedules
- Preference given to local candidates
HGM Associates Inc. is a consulting firm driven to provide innovative solutions to our clients. As a smaller firm, we value work/life balance and your career development goals and have operated with that in mind for over 60 years. Within our two offices (Omaha, NE and Council Bluffs, IA), HGM offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, employer paid (zero premium) health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, an employer contributed 401k, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.
Job Type: Full-time