HGM Associates Inc. has an immediate long-term opportunity for a Civil Engineer Project Manager. This position offers technical training, mentoring, a stable workload with established clients, no “selling”, no quotas, and the support of a highly competent team of professionals.
This position will ultimately be responsible for all aspects of project delivery for multiple projects at varying stages of design and construction. The successful candidate will routinely communicate directly with Clients on key issues, develop budgets and schedules, manage the design effort, produce precise construction drawings, and provide varying professional services throughout construction administration.
- Work with key Clients to define project requirements, develop design criteria, and communicate priorities to the Project Team.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets, and estimates.
- Produce construction documents with an established team of experienced and skilled technical professionals.
- Provide detailed reviews on multiple projects at varying stages of design.
- Coordinate design efforts with public and private stakeholders.
- Provide Construction Administration services such as reviewing submittals/shop drawings, reviewing change order requests, and answering questions from the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer registration (NE or IA preferred)
- Minimum 4 years of design experience (8+ years preferred)
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen in project planning and management preferred
- Zero premium option for health insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Signing bonus
- 401(k) plan
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities/assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Salary: $75,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year with a generous bonus program
- Monday to Friday
- Optional flex time
- Optional 4-day work weeks
- Hybrid opportunities after onboarding
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
Experience: Civil or Municipal Design – 4 years minimum (8+ years preferred)
License/Certification: Professional Engineer (NE or IA preferred)
Work Location: Council Bluffs, IA
HGM Associates Inc. is a full-service engineering and architectural consulting firm driven to provide innovative solutions for our clients. As a smaller firm, we value your family’s needs and have operated with that in mind for over 60 years. Within our two offices (Omaha, NE, and Council Bluffs, IA), HGM offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, optional 4-day work weeks, hybrid opportunities, zero premium option for health and life insurance, disability insurance, an employer contributed 401k, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and a generous bonus program.
Why HGM? Obviously, there are a lot of engineering and architecture firms in our local area. So why choose us? As a small business, we understand that one of the most valuable ways we impact our employees is through the professional development opportunities we offer. Our collaborative team structure allows you to learn firsthand from the experience of senior leadership and the fresh perspective of your newest coworkers. With a lot less red tape, our management makes decisions with the team in mind and not always the bottom line. If you’re looking for a company where your contributions will get noticed sooner rather than later, HGM is the place where you can showcase your abilities directly to leadership. Recognition for a job well done is commonplace, not rare. Our culture fosters camaraderie as it advances our company’s mission and vision. Every one of us knows we are an integral part of HGM’s overall success. We honor each individual’s unique work/life balance preferences by encouraging alternative work arrangements such as flexible hours, hybrid, and remote schedules. HGM is a company that allows a more personal work environment, more flexibility, and a real opportunity to make a real difference.
HGM is an EEO employer and encourages qualified female and minority candidates to apply.