HGM Associates Inc. is seeking a Bridge Design Engineer to join our rapidly growing Transportation Practice in our Omaha, Nebraska office. Our ideal candidate will be someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who can work both independently and in a team environment.
The preferred candidate will have 0 to 8 years of experience working in the engineering industry on City, County or Department of Transportation projects. Having experience using MicroStation or AutoCAD will be considered a plus. Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and an Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE) certification.
The Bridge Design Engineer will:
- Apply structural engineering and detailing techniques in the development of bridge designs
- Develop structural details for inclusion on bridge construction documents
- Perform structural load calculations and assist with geometric layout and quantity development
- Utilize specialized software to complete bridge design computations
- Assist with in-service field bridge inspection and assist with preparing reports of inspection findings
- Preform bridge load rating calculations to determine the load carrying capacities of existing bridges and the appropriate load posting values.
HGM Associates Inc. is a consulting firm driven to provide innovative solutions to our clients. As a smaller firm, we value work/life balance and your career development goals and have operated with that in mind for over 60 years. Within our two offices (Omaha, NE and Council Bluffs, IA), HGM offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, employer paid (zero premium) health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, an employer contributed 401k, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and an annual bonus program.
Job Type: Full-time