HGM Associates Inc. has an immediate long-term opportunity for a creative individual to join our Council Bluffs, IA office as a full-time Architectural Designer. The Architectural Designer will help plan and design a wide variety of commercial buildings along with a team of Architects. They will be involved in developing and designing creative project ideas, completing design drawings in Revit, Sketchup, and Enscape, and assisting in reviewing construction documents produced by team members.
The Architectural Designer will help to complete and coordinate much of the documentation that is involved in the design and construction process of projects. They will be involved in both design and construction meetings and provide support to the Architect and Project Manager.
The Architectural Designer will be heavily involved in communicating directly with Clients, Contractors, and sub-consultants. This involves monitoring the progress of a project, answering questions, sending project updates, presenting project concepts to the Client, and coordinating project details among all parties involved in the project.
In order to assist the Architects, the Architectural Designer will coordinate several details of a project. This could include assisting with initial project research, developing preliminary concepts, and outlining project schedules and tasks.
- Help develop and design creative project ideas.
- Complete design drawings in Revit, Sketchup, and Enscape.
- Communicate and collaborate with the architectural team, Clients, contractors and sub-consultants to meet overall project objectives including monitoring the progress of a project, answering questions, sending project updates, presenting project concepts to the client, and coordinating project details among all parties involved in the project.
- Involvement in both design and construction meetings
- Review construction documents produced by team members.
- Complete and coordinate much of the documentation that is involved in the design and construction process of projects.
- Provide support to the Architect and Project Manager including initial project research, developing preliminary concepts, and outlining project schedules and tasks.
- Degree in Architecture and a desire to work towards professional licensure.
- Strong verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Able to work in Revit and Sketchup, but does not need to be proficient.
- Able to use Microsoft Office products.
- Zero premium option for health insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Signing bonus
- 401(k) plan
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities/assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Salary: $25.00 – $35.00 per hour with a generous bonus program
- Monday to Friday
- Optional flex time
- Optional 4-day work weeks
- Hybrid opportunities after onboarding
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
Experience: Revit – 1 year minimum
License/Certification: Driver’s license
Work Location: Council Bluffs, IA
HGM Associates Inc. is a full-service engineering and architectural consulting firm driven to provide innovative solutions for our clients. As a smaller firm, we value your family’s needs and have operated with that in mind for over 60 years. Within our two offices (Omaha, NE, and Council Bluffs, IA), HGM offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, optional 4-day work weeks, hybrid opportunities, zero premium option for health and life insurance, disability insurance, an employer contributed 401k, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and a generous bonus program.
Why HGM? Obviously, there are a lot of engineering and architecture firms in our local area. So why choose us? As a small business, we understand that one of the most valuable ways we impact our employees is through the professional development opportunities we offer. Our collaborative team structure allows you to learn firsthand from the experience of senior leadership and the fresh perspective of your newest coworkers. With a lot less red tape, our management makes decisions with the team in mind and not always the bottom line. If you’re looking for a company where your contributions will get noticed sooner rather than later, HGM is the place where you can showcase your abilities directly to leadership. Recognition for a job well done is commonplace, not rare. Our culture fosters camaraderie as it advances our company’s mission and vision. Every one of us knows we are an integral part of HGM’s overall success. We honor each individual’s unique work/life balance preferences by encouraging alternative work arrangements such as flexible hours, hybrid, and remote schedules. HGM is a company that allows a more personal work environment, more flexibility, and a real opportunity to make a real difference.
HGM is an EEO employer and encourages qualified female and minority candidates to apply.