Are You Looking for a Rewarding Career?
Come Join Our Team
HGM has a family owned feel with Fortune 500 benefits!
Flexible Work Schedules
Excellent Health Insurance Benefits and Options
401(k) Matching Funds
Smart Phone Reimbursement
Established Mentoring Program
We invite professionals seeking opportunities to send resumes to email@example.com
Current positions available...
HGM Associates has an immediate opening for a full time Architectural Designer
HGM provides a full array of Commercial Architectural, Engineering, Surveying and Landscape Architecture Services to the Midlands since 1960. The Architecture Department provides a diverse commercial workload in facilities types such as Educational, Fire Stations, Police Stations, Banks, City Operated Maintenance Buildings.
Civil Engineering Designer / Construction Observer:
HGM is looking for a highly motivated Design Technician or a Civil Engineer Intern.
Requirements: 2-year degree in Civil Engineering Technology or a 4-year degree in Civil/Construction Engineering with an FE certificate, self-motivated and able to work 8-10 hours/day and 5-6 days/week (during construction season), experienced in Microsoft programs Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and a valid driver’s license
Necessary Skills: Ability to work on a team, possess good written and verbal communication skills, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and work within critical deadlines.
- Able to read and understand project plans, specifications and project schedules
- Familiar with typical construction activities to include grading; culvert, storm and sanitary sewer installation; PCC and HMA paving; structural concrete placement; and erosion control installation
- Daily coordination and interaction with general contractor and sub-contractors, owners personnel, utility companies, project management team, design team, and materials testing personnel
- Certified in Iowa DOT AGG1, PCC1 and HMA Sampler preferred
- Understanding of topographical and construction survey procedures
- Able to read, understand and interpret design standards and guides
- Knowledge of MicroStation and Geopak or Autocad Civil 3D
- Prior job experience in roadway, grading or utility design and construction
HGM currently has a full-time field position available for a Land Surveying Technician. This position will allow for career advancement. The position will operate out of our Council Bluffs office. HGM offers flex time, paid vacation, medical, dental and optical insurance along with a 401K Plan.
The successful candidate must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, pass a background check, drug screening, possess a valid driver’s license, willing to work overtime, occasionally travel out of town and stay overnight.
Following are major characteristics that we are seeking:
- Detail oriented
- Good communicator (verbal and written)
- Quick learner
- Prompt and able to work overtime when required due to project schedule
- Willingness to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Assist survey crew chief
- Perform tasks as directed by crew chief and/or management
- Verify survey truck is ready for use each morning (equipment and supplies)
- Setup and operate survey equipment (HGM will train)
- Download, edit and email survey data (HGM will train)
- Work independently (after training) or with other employees.
Items that will make you stand out:
- Strong math skills
- Strong computer skill (Excel and Civil 3D)
- Surveying experience
If this appeals to you and you are looking for a carrier in a field that is continually changing, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.