Are You Looking for a Rewarding Career?
Come Join Our Team
HGM has a family owned feel with Fortune 500 benefits!
Flexible Work Schedules
Excellent Health Insurance Benefits and Options
401(k) Matching Funds
Smart Phone Reimbursement
Established Mentoring Program
We invite professionals seeking opportunities to send resumes to email@example.com
Current positions available...
HGM Associates has an immediate opening for a full time Architectural Designer
HGM provides a full array of Commercial Architectural, Engineering, Surveying and Landscape Architecture Services to the Midlands since 1960. The Architecture Department provides a diverse commercial workload in facilities types such as Educational, Fire Stations, Police Stations, Banks, City Operated Maintenance Buildings.
HGM has an immediate opportunity for a Project Manager/Senior Project Engineer that is seeking a long-term opportunity in the field of utility design. This position offers the successful candidate technical training as well as mentoring, a stable workload, no "selling" and the support of highly competent team of professionals.
The position will ultimately be responsible for all aspects of project delivery including developing budget and schedules, managing the design effort, production of precise construction drawings and communicating directly with Clients on key issues.
As a senior team member, the responsibilities, in conjunction with the Project Principal, include:
• Work with key Clients to define project requirements, develop design criteria and communicate priorities to the Project Team
• Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets and estimates
• Work with and manage experienced Project Team producing construction documents
• Develop construction documents, provide technical details, redline corrections and provide direction throughout plan development
• Coordinate design efforts with public and private stakeholders
• Work with multiple disciplines and coordinate production of all drawings and specifications
• Provide concurrent quality assurance and technical reviews on multiple projects at varying stages of design
• Review drawings for code compliance and secure permits as needed
• Meet with various governing agencies to review code compliance on projects
• Provide Construction Administration services such as reviewing submittals/shop drawings, reviewing change order requests, and answering questions from the field
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Professional Engineer registration (NE and IA preferred)
• Minimum 6 years design experience
• Strong business acumen in project planning and management
• Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
HGM currently has a full-time field position available for a Land Surveying Technician. This position will allow for career advancement. The position will operate out of our Council Bluffs office. HGM offers flex time, paid vacation, medical, dental and optical insurance along with a 401K Plan.
The successful candidate must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, pass a background check, drug screening, possess a valid driver’s license, willing to work overtime, occasionally travel out of town and stay overnight.
Following are major characteristics that we are seeking:
- Detail oriented
- Good communicator (verbal and written)
- Quick learner
- Prompt and able to work overtime when required due to project schedule
- Willingness to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Assist survey crew chief
- Perform tasks as directed by crew chief and/or management
- Verify survey truck is ready for use each morning (equipment and supplies)
- Setup and operate survey equipment (HGM will train)
- Download, edit and email survey data (HGM will train)
- Work independently (after training) or with other employees.
Items that will make you stand out:
- Strong math skills
- Strong computer skill (Excel and Civil 3D)
- Surveying experience
If this appeals to you and you are looking for a career in a field that is continually changing, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.